Being part of the global trend of applying science into real life, universities nowadays are not only academic organizations but also research and technology institutions. International University with a vision of becoming a top research school in the country as well as the region has been strongly focusing on research activities.
Promote and facilitate the transfer of International University researchers for the benefit of the public. The research and technology transfer exists to serve the faculty, staff and students of the University in carrying out its mission of being an active institution of applied research and transferred technology. The center is approved on July-01-2013 by the University rector. It is part of the International University – Vietnam National University HCMC.
From April 5, 2019 the Center was renamed to Center for Innovation and Technology Transfer (CITT).
The ultimate function of the research and technology transfer – International University:
- To bridge the gap between International University researchers and business community
- To bring the researchers and business community together in a relationship with mutual benefit
- To market those technologies to the government and companies
- To negotiate, assist and work closely with departments in transfer licensing rights of the International University
- Contribute to economic development and improvement of people’s living standard