The 13th Asia-Pacific RCE Regional Meeting will consist of two parts and be hosted by RCE Kyrgyzstan under the theme of ‘Building Capacity for Sustainability’. The first part was divided into four online sessions starting on 10 September, 2020 followed by 24 September, 8 October, and 22 October, 2020. The second part of this regional meeting will be held online on 5 October, 2021 under the theme ‘SDGs and ESD for 2030 Framework: Local actions during COVID-19 Pandemic’. The outline of Part 1 (online sessions) of the 13th Asia-Pacific RCE Regional Meeting can be viewed here. **Registrations are now open, and the call for abstracts has also been announced. See below for details**
The Asia-Pacific RCE Regional Meeting will provide a regional platform to discuss, debate and launch activities that reinforce the fundamental role that education plays in achieving a sustainable future in the region. The meeting also aims to take stock of regional initiatives, including the role of ESD in implementing sustainable development on the ground in the Asia-Pacific region.
PART 2 – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND REGISTRATIONS OPEN NOW
5 October, 2021
The (tentative) programme can be accessed here.
Call for Abstracts
The 13th Asia-Pacific Regional RCE Meeting – Part 2, under the theme ‘SDGs and ESD for 2030 Framework: Local actions during COVID-19 Pandemic’ will be held virtually using Zoom. It will include keynote speeches and case study presentations of activities by RCEs in the Asia-Pacific region on real transformation of education from pre- and post- COVID-19 for implementing the ESD for 2030 framework towards achieving the SDGs.
- Local actions on advancing policy
- Local actions on transforming learning environments
- Local actions on building capacities of educators
- Local actions on empowering and mobilising youth
- Lessons learned:
- What are the main lessons RCEs learned during COVID-19?
- What is the key to realising a fundamental transformation of education from pre- and post- COVID-19 towards achieving the SDGs?
- What has been an effective approach(es) to address issues caused or exacerbated by the pandemic in each strategic priority action area of ESD for 2030?
- Knowledge sharing and outreach among RCEs:
- How have the regional and global network contributed to RCE activities at the local level during the pandemic?
a) Submitting your project to the RCE Portal
Please submit details of your project to the RCE Portal (‘Create RCE Project’). Instructions can be found on the RCE Portal page: Create RCE Project. Please make sure you have your login details ready (please contact the Global RCE Service Centre if you have forgotten your username or password). A video tutorial is available to guide you through the process.
b) Submitting the template to answer key questions of the Regional Meeting
Please fill out the template and answer key questions of this regional meeting and send to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 September, 2021.
- Friday, 10 September, 2021: Submission of your project to the RCE Portal and completed template to apply for case study presentation. (In case there are many applications, the selection committee will review them and select projects to be presented.)
- Friday, 1 October, 2021: Registration for the Meeting
If you have any questions, please contact RCE Kyrgyzstan at email@example.com.